Earlier this week, Walt Disney World released their long awaited Disney Free Dining discount to the world for 2016. Results have been mixed. Availability is down right awful for most dates, though you can still find value and moderate resorts for some dates in early September and December, but hurry, as they are nearly gone. However, if you happen to have a Disney VISA card, did you know there is a completely different Free Dining offer available to you?
Why you should use your Disney VISA to book Disney Free Dining
Please note, it involves more than just using your Disney VISA to book the reservation. You have to enter a special place on the Disney World website or have to know the discount code when calling Disney World. Consider using Mouseketrips, our agents will check both offers for you to make sure you get the best deal, and it won’t cost you a penny more than booking directly with Disney, many times even less as we can find better deals for you.
- Additional Dates – The Disney VISA Free Dining offer includes more dates than the public offer. While dates are similar, there are an additional 9 nights added on the beginning that currently have fantastic availability. Check in dates are August 14 – October 1, November 15 – November 21, November 26 – November 28, and December 10 – December 21, 2016.
- 6 Months Interest Free – By using your Disney VISA on any Disney vacation, the charges fall into a special category on your credit card statement, and you get 6 months interest free and both your deposit and final payment on the trip.
- Better Availability – While this may not help you if you are searching for a value hotel at the end of September, availability with the Disney VISA discount is much better at many deluxe hotels. For many dates, I am able to find more resort and more room options, especially at deluxe hotels. I have yet to find one case where the standard Free Dining Discount showed better availability than the Disney VISA offer.
In addition, whether you booked with the Disney VISA free dining or not, make sure you catch these Disney VISA perks in the parks:
- Disney VISA Lounge in Epcot – During the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot, Chase provides a lounge that is only accessible to Disney VISA cardholders, located in the American Pavilion. Show your card and you are in. The lounge features drinks, video games and places to sit and relax in an air conditioned area. Oh, and there are free phone charging station too.
- Disney VISA character Meet N Greet – Over in Innoventions West in Epcot, there is a private character Meet N Greet only for Disney VISA cardholders. The lines are usually really short. Only open from 1 – 7 PM though, so don’t miss it.
- Disney VISA Star Wars Meet N Greet – Located in the Star Wars Launch Bay area of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there is a special Disney VISA Star Wars Meet N Greet, open from 11 AM to 4 PM Daily.
- Disney Merchandise and Dining Discounts – Save 10% at most in-park merchandise locations if you spend $50 or more, plus you can save 10% at many dining locations inside and outside the parks. Oh, you can also save on Disney tours too!
If you have a Disney VISA, there isn’t any reason to book your reservation with the standard discount, unless you already have, no need to go changing now. If you are still looking, and have a Disney VISA, make sure you are checking availability with the Disney VISA deal.