In addition to the Park Hopper option available on Walt Disney World park passes, you can also add another option to your tickets, the Water Park Fun & More option. Starting in 2017, this was changed to be called the Park Hopper Plus option. This option is a little different, as it has nothing at all to do with your access to the four Disney theme parks, but does give you access to other areas of the Walt Disney World Resort.
What is the Park Hopper Plus?
This option offers a certain number of visits to Walt Disney World destinations based on the length of your ticket. For example, a 4-day ticket allows 4 visits and a 7-day ticket allows 7 visits. The only exception is a 1 or 2-day ticket allows for 2 visits. For each visit, you can choose from the following destinations:
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park – This thrilling water park features on of the world’s tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides, as well as slides and rides for the entire family.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – From fast waterslides to a children’s area with pint-sized raft rides, this water park has attractions for everyone. Catch 6-foot waves and snorkel with real sharks!
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex – Plat at the next level of sports excitement with state of the art video monitoring and sporting events year round.
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course – Enjoy a 2,913 yard, par 36, 9-hole walking course with fun for everyone, from developing golfers to experienced players.
- Disney’s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course – Play one round of miniatures golf (prior to 4:00 PM) at a fun course inspired by the Disney classic film Fantasia.
- Disney’s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course – Treat yourself to one round of miniature golf (prior to 4:00 PM) at either of the 2 Santa Clause-themed courses.
Please note, with this option, you get “visits” and not “days”. So, if you visit Blizzard Beach and then later that day go play mini-golf, and then stop by Oak Trail for a round, that would count as three visits.
Also, you do not have to use these visits on a day that you have access to the theme parks. So, if you purchase a three day park pass, you will receive three visits to any of the options. You can technically stretch that out over 6 days, going to a theme park, then a water park and so on, in any order.
How much does the Park Hopper Plus Option cost?
In order to purchase the Park Hopper Plus option, you must already have the Park Hopper option on your Walt Disney World Park passes. It is an additional $25 per person to add the Park Hopper Plus option to your park hoppers.
Who should purchase the Park Hopper Plus Option?
For your planning information, a one-day admission to a Walt Disney World water park is $65 for adults and $59 for children, plus tax.
- You can see that if you plan on going to the water parks, even one day, during your vacation, it is much cheaper to add on the $25 Park Hopper Plus option than to pay for one day at the water parks.
Personally, I rarely do the Water Park Fun & More option. While the water parks are fantastic, they are not usually high on my family’s wish list, so we rarely do them. They are usually content with our resort pool. The non-waterpark options don’t really appeal to me either. We decided to purchase the Water Park Fun& More Option our last trip, and we did end up going to the water parks a few times, and our kids loved going for a few hours then heading back to the parks. I didn’t feel like we needed to stay all day, and we had a blast. The decision to purchase it for our next trip will depend on the time of year. If we go in the early Spring like usual, we will probably pass, but if we go again in September, you can bet it will be purchased.
Do you purchase the Park Hoper Plus option at Walt Disney World?